Are you ready to be part of the show with your juicy, awkward, fun, sad confessions? Now you can be!
If you have a story to share about something related to this month's theme that was meaningful, transformative, disappointing, surprising, or something that you hope to experience soon, I want to hear from you.
Here are the guidelines:
- Subscribe to the Sex Gets Real newsletter because that's where I'll be announcing future themes.
- Record your story using your phone, your computer, a recorder, or whatever you have at your disposal. It should be no longer than 7 minutes. If your story is under three minutes, you can also leave your story on my voicemail at 747-444-1840. You can also use something like online-voice-recorder.com/.
- Don't want your voice heard? Type up your story, email it in, and I'll read it for you.
- Email your MP3 file/story (make it as high quality as you can - both in sound and content) to info(at)sexgetsreal.com.
- Submission does not guarantee your story will make it on the show, but every submission will be reviewed and considered.
- Deadline for each month's confessions is the 18th of each month.
What should your story be about?
- I want stories that are real - I want to hear the awkward, the disappointing, the surprising, the reality versus the expectation, how the experience changed you or how it didn't even though you wanted it to. This isn't about being as explicit as possible, and it's not about writing erotica. I want your real, true, humanity-filled story including your feelings, thoughts, and the impact it had on you.
- Include a beginning, middle, and end so we have a complete picture of this event you're sharing.
- It MUST include the theme of the month, though it doesn't have to be terribly literal. For instance, a "first" may be the first time you felt pleasure or the first time you realized your sexuality was changing or the first time you gave yourself permission to talk to a partner about your past.
Need examples of great personal storytelling?
I can't wait to hear from you!