This is what happens when we have coffee and record first thing.
Head over to Explore More Summit at exploremoresummit.com to register for Dawn’s free 10-day online summit. It all starts January 28th, 2016, but if you see this after the event, you can still check out the interviews.
We’re a little hyper this time around, but what can you do?
We talk ass hooks, porn, clown sex, intersex, and…a listener wrote in from the country of Iran and he is having some shame around masturbation and porn.
So, we weigh in. Can you ever know everything there is to know about sex? Do you WANT to? And what if you’re raised in a community or a culture that is very sexually repressed? Let’s see where we end up.
Also, we have an ask! Can you go review us in iTunes? We are trying to move up in the ratings charts. Just click the iTunes link below.
You know we love hearing from you, so here’s how to reach us
Call or text: 747-444-1840 (standard messaging rates apply)
Contact form: Click here (and it’s anonymous)
How to listen to our fabulous little podcast
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Check us out on Stitcher
- Don’t forget about I Heart Radio’s Spreaker
- Use the player at the top of this page.
- 0:42 – Moist. Yay or nay?
- 1:44 – Dylan’s friend made moist undies.
- 3:00 – Still plenty of time to sign-up for Dawn’s Explore More Summit here.
- 3:42 – Dawn started watching a show on Showtime called Sex with Sunny Megatron. Watch it on Showtime.
- 4:50 – One the first episode of Sex with Sunny Megatron, a guy who is dating a porn star gets a chance to shoot porn and see what it’s like as a job, versus the fantasy he had built up.
- 6:58 – Sunny goes to a clown orgy in that episode, too.
- 8:19 – Clown sex means you can be totally anonymous because of all the make-up which does have a lot of appeal for some people.
- 9:04 – Dawn learned about dollification in episode 2 of Sex with Sunny Megatron.
- 10:33 – Being a doll is very passive and submissive, so it was a fascinating scene.
- 14:03 – Dawn booked her tickets to Canada for a 3-day kink conference over Valentine’s weekend.
- 15:09 – Let’s talk ass hooks.
- 15:45 – Predicament bondage gets discussed.
- 18:00 – A good rule of thumb: try things on your own to be sure you know what you’re getting into before you try it with a partner. Except for breath play. ALWAYS do that with a partner.
- 20:31 – Dawn really wants a violet wand.
- 21:38 – Dawn’s nipples don’t like clover clamps.
- 23:15 – Dylan wants to share a horror story about cheap sex toys.
- 24:40 – Cheap toys that aren’t specifically non-toxic can melt. It’s not the best thing to put in your body.
- 28:44 – Here is the article on herbal womb detox balls. Don’t do it, folks. Your uterus and vagina are self-cleaning and don’t need things throwing it’s chemistry off.
- 29:41 – If you have a vagina, it does not need to be douched.
- 30:48 – Pussies taste good as-is. Pussies smell good when they smell like pussies. Not pumpkin spice.
- 31:50 – “What the fuck is wrong with people?”
- 34:30 – Our medical community insists on forcing people into the male/female box even though there is so much more variety than that in the world.
- 34:45 – Interesting Psychology Today article on porn and sexual assault.
- 36:51 – It’s not hard data, but surveys of sex offenders found that those who watched LESS porn were more likely to commit certain sexual crimes.
- 37:25 – Porn allows people to have a sexual outlet instead of trying to deny and repress sexual needs when porn is vilified.
- 38:45 – Dawn got a message from a listener in Iran.
- 40:19 – Let’s compare sex to video games for a minute.
- 41:29 – It’s exciting to Dawn that she’ll never know everything about sex because then she’ll want to keep playing and showing.
- 42:12 – The goal isn’t to know everything. The goal is to stay curious for as long as possible.
- 42:55 – Our listener thinks he is addicted to porn.
- 44:00 – Certain communities in the Middle East have very strict views about sex, but we have that in the U.S., too, with strict Mormon communities and fundamentalist communities.
- 47:10 – Dylan isn’t sure she’s ever felt shame around sex.
- 49:34 – Dawn still has some shame about her body.
- 51:19 – Can you make yourself orgasm from your thoughts alone?
- 52:33 – Devi Ward says we are not born with shame. Shame is other people putting their own shame on you as you grew up.
- 53:46 – Certain communities and cultures put a lot of shame on people around sex and sexuality. But you have to choose for yourself what feels in alignment with your needs and beliefs.
- 55:00 – Listeners! Can you go to iTunes, even if you don’t listen there, and write a review for the podcast? We are trying to move up in the rankings for podcasts about sex and health.