From buying sex services to menstrual cups to drag kings and more, it’s a wild ride here at Sex Gets Real this week.
In the DC area? Then join Dawn’s new meetup: Relationship Communication Bootcamp. The first event is June 11th and you can sign-up now! Each month we’ll get together and practice fun, easy techniques for learning how to communicate more openly. Can’t wait to see you there.
Dawn and Dylan discuss SEXx Interactive and all of the awesome talks and workshops.
Dawn calls the show out on being too poly and oppressive to monogamous folks.
Plus, listeners write in with sex confessions and someone wants to know about ball stretching. Dylan is horrified.
You know we love hearing from you, so here’s how to reach us
Call or text: 747-444-1840 (standard messaging rates apply)
Contact form: Click here (and it’s anonymous)
How to listen to our fabulous little podcast
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Check us out on Stitcher
- Don’t forget about I Heart Radio’s Spreaker
- Use the player at the top of this page.
- 0:33 – Did you hear about the woman who has two vaginas? Her amazing story is circulating the interwebs.
- 2:57 – It’s not double the pleasure, it’s double the periods.
- 3:20 – Just like Forrest Gump.
- 3:26 – Dawn was at SEXx Interactive in Philly last week. Let’s get the scoop.
- 4:52 – Some of the talks were phenomenal.
- 5:02 – Dawn calls herself and Dylan out for doing this thing that Dawn learned about in a workshop called Decolonizing Sex Positivity.
- 6:15 – The sex positive movement assumes that everyone is poly, kinky, and sexual. And this is oppressive for many people who aren’t one or all of those things, but who still believe in forwarding comprehensive sex education and access to information.
- 7:13 – Shame on us.
- 7:43 – Our lone monogamous guest: Kait Scalisi.
- 8:00 – To all of our listeners, being monogamous is rad. It’s super OK and we support you.
- 9:50 – As long as you’re consciously choosing something for yourself, then we support your lifestyle.
- 11:50 – If you didn’t like talking in your relationship before, when you open it up, that’s all you do is talk afterwards. Dylan’s pain is real.
- 13:32 – There’s a big difference between default monogamy and conscious monogamy.
- 15:31 – Dylan was so stressed when they had a 3rd. She is super happy about being monogamous right now.
- 16:17 – There are no rules when it comes to relationships. You can make your relationships whatever you want them to be, change them as often as feels good, and say fuck the expectations.
- 16:53 – Put it in your spank bank and masturbate to it.
- 17:30 – Dawn’s getting horny.
- 17:40 – Dylan is bitter that we’re recording in the morning because she’s nursing coffee instead of beer. First world problems, people.
- 18:00 – Dawn heard a talk on how to be a good sex consumer, or sex buyer. If you are buying sex from someone – online via a cam girl or from a stripper or some other sex worker, be decent. Say hello. Say thank you. Say goodbye. Treat them like human beings instead of disposable tissues.
- 22:32 – There was a talk about how a woman’s menstrual cup helped her reconnect with her body. It was fun and super cute.
- 24:51 – Six word sex memoirs. Listeners, we want yours!
- 25:56 – Dawn’s favorite was “watching your face as you come.”
- 26:40 – Another talk was how SM is not DS. In other words, people often think masochists are submissive or Dominants or sadistic, but they are totally separate things for many people.
- 28:04 – There was an erotica writing class that was super fun.
- 28:55 – We’re having dinner and you say, “I like to be fucked in the ass.”
- 30:56 – Then, we talk about pubic hair and how big businesses made us think we need to shave.
- 32:35 – Dylan does not appreciate the teasing about having a VHS player in her bedroom.
- 33:03 – Our listener, Alyssa, tells us a story about taking boys’ virginity in high school.
- 34:57 – Another listener writes in to tell us about her and her husband loving sex over 50 now that the kids are out of the house.
- 36:15 – A listener wants to know if we have used a Feeldoe. Dawn has. Let’s discuss how it works for pegging.
- 36:39 – Don’t send us dick pics. Thank you for asking.
- 38:18 – We love the idea of harness-less dildos for fucking, but Dawn’s experience hasn’t been the best.
- 39:24 – Gravity with those heavy dildos makes them just *floop* right out.
- 40:38 – The Spareparts Joque harness has an opening in the back so that you can use the Feeldoe and Fun Factory Share with it.
- 42:37 – A question from someone with the handle Blue Balls wrote in about ball stretching.
- 43:41 – Dylan’s face at the ball stretching question was amazing. Dawn should have taken a picture.
- 45:11 – There are leather ball stretchers, silicone ball stretchers…and then there’s The Humbler. Want to see it in action? You’re welcome.
- 47:46 – Uber Kinky in the UK has an article about ball stretching. Check it out.