Dylan tells a horrifying story of sex toy shopping gone wrong
When Dylan’s friends go to a sex toy store to find a toy for pegging, things go south very quickly. What was supposed to be a fun and sexy bonding experience turned into a creepy experience that includes the words “legitimate rape”.
Dawn, of course, loses her shit and gets all rage-y. Which turns into a fierce conversation about the importance of shopping at female-friendly/queer-friendly, body safe sex boutiques.
Do you have a horror story around sex toy shopping? We want to hear it!
You know we love hearing from you, so here’s how to reach us
Call or text: 747-444-1840 (standard messaging rates apply)
Contact form: Click here (and it’s anonymous)
How to listen to our fabulous little podcast
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Check us out on Stitcher
- Don’t forget about I Heart Radio’s Spreaker
- Use the player at the top of this page.
- 0:11 – Story time with Dylan. Sex toy shopping turns horror story.
- 0:36 – It all starts with a couple who decides to go shopping for a toy so that they can try pegging.
- 1:21 – Our hero of the story encounters a boundary and lays it on the line.
- 1:29 – The story’s nemesis, the sex store clerk, casually dismisses him, but it gets worse. So much worse.
- 1:38 – And then……things get really creepy. Let’s just say it involves the suggestion of rape.
- 1:45 – *evil laughter by our nemesis*
- 1:56 – Our hero stands up for himself. “That’s kinda rape, folks.”
- 2:02 – Uh oh. Two words that send Dawn into a massive rage ball: legitimate rape.
- 2:33 – What our hero does next is amazing. Which is why he’s the hero.
- 3:05 – Our hero’s girlfriend sees the seriousness of what happened and apologizes.
- 3:24 – Men can be raped, too.
- 3:41 – Dawn loses her words out of anger. There’s just stuttering.
- 4:01 – Dawn is happy to report she won’t be going to jail for arson.
- 4:36 – Traditional sex stores tend to be bad for all these reasons.
- 5:26 – Boundaries. Respect them ALWAYS. No exceptions.
- 7:04 – That shit is unacceptable.
- 8:40 – The receiver/bottom/submissive sets the speed and the tone. It’s their body. THE END.
- 9:29 – Healthy relationships leave room for failures and growth and taking responsibility when mistakes get made.
- 10:29 – It takes courage to try something new as a couple.
- 11:29 – We forbid our listeners from behaving this way.
- 12:22 – Listeners – what are your sex toy shopping horror stories?
- 14:13 – Body safe toys are the only way to go.
- 15:50 – Dawn tells a creepy story about a store where she almost got kidnapped. Yikes.