Would you sleep with a virgin? And what does virgin even mean?
But first, a celebration… Congratulations to Heavy B for winning our one-year anniversary giveaway! Dawn and Dylan will be personalizing a message to you and sending it over shortly. Special thanks to all of our listeners and entrants. MWAH.
Moving on… After a fabulous dinner, courtesy of Yes Please, More Please on all things aphrodisiac and sexy when it comes to food, Dylan and I discuss one of the topics that dominated the dinner party: virgins.
What is a virgin? What does it even mean, if anything at all? Is it just an oppressive social construct that doesn’t actually have any meaning in a sex positive world?
Dylan certainly is ready to take anyone’s V-card. Dawn isn’t so sure… though, there might be certain fantasies she has…
What do you think about the label “virgin”? Is it a big deal? Is it penis in vagina sex? Does it require the presence of a hymen in women? Have things changed to the point where virginity is actually an out-dated concept that we should do away with?
We want to know!
You know we love hearing from you, so here’s how to reach us
Call or text: 747-444-1840 (standard messaging rates apply)
Contact form: Click here (and it’s anonymous)
How to listen to our fabulous little podcast
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Check us out on Stitcher
- Don’t forget about I Heart Radio’s Spreaker
- Use the player at the top of this page.
- 0:09 – You cannot go wrong with an aphrodisiac dinner party. Thank you, Sassy Sarah!
- 0:38 – When Dawn and Dylan show up for dinner, you know we’ll talk about sex.
- 0:44 – Would you fuck a virgin?
- 1:03 – Consensus was a big no way on virgin fucking, except for Dylan, of course.
- 1:26 – How many guy virgins has Dylan destroyed? Geez.
- 3:45 – Dawn isn’t so sure about sleeping with a virgin, but she does have this naughty fantasy…
- 4:36 – “I ain’t got time for your virgin moment, I have beer to drink.” Gee. Who do you think dropped that line?
- 5:18 – Dawn’s take on sleeping with a virgin. It’s less about the v-card and more about the emotional maturity and chemistry.
- 6:26 – Bossy pants. Dylan has them.
- 6:39 – Dawn asks Dylan what size cock she’d wear for a virgin.
- 8:10 – How does Dylan define “virgin”?
- 9:40 – Much like the cultural norm, Dylan used to think a virgin was someone who hadn’t had penis-in-vagina sex. But now she just doesn’t know.
- 9:56 – Dan Savage says if it ends in the word “sex”, then you’ve had sex. Do you agree?
- 11:20 – Dawn starts talking about the cultural myth behind virginity and the social constructs that we’ve created around this bizarre status because it stems from a place of ownership and oppression of women. *insert soap box*
- 12:26 – Is sex a natural act on par with shitting or eating? In some cultures it is.
- 13:48 – Forget virginity and this myth of purity, for Dawn it comes down to this: sexual activity and whether you’ve done it or not. End of story.
- 14:10 – People struggle with the ambiguity that Dawn is talking about around virginity and sex because rigid definitions are easier – they dictate “right” and “wrong”, but sex and relationships and the human experience are not that cut and dry.
- 15:06 – As soon as you start asking nuanced questions, traditional definitions of virginity begin to fail.
- 15:26 – And it can’t be about the breaking of a hymen, because we know all of the things Dawn outlines.