We birthed a sex podcast. Here’s how it came to be.
It all started with Dawn being a total stalker at a lesbian club… No seriously, it did.
That’s just the beginning.
And then of course, with a few glasses of champagne in her, Dylan goes on a bender about all the action she got as a DJ at the dyke bars way back in the day. Things spiral.
But in the end, it all comes back to us starting the podcast and loving all of you and Sex Gets Real was born. Ta da.
You know we love hearing from you, so here’s how to reach us
Call or text: 747-444-1840 (standard messaging rates apply)
Contact form: Click here (and it’s anonymous)
How to listen to our fabulous little podcast
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Check us out on Stitcher
- Don’t forget about I Heart Radio’s Spreaker
- Use the player at the top of this page.
- 0:20 – Cheers!
- 0:27 – And…Dylan is already buzzed.
- 0:45 – Dylan was a plumber today.
- 1:11 – Shannon, a new listener, asks how we met.
- 1:43 – Dawn makes a giggling confession…
- 2:31 – This is why a lot of straight women go to lesbian dance clubs, people.
- 2:44 – That’s when Dawn becomes a lesbian.
- 3:49 – “Bitches, I own this club.”
- 4:23 – The moment we finally met.
- 5:56 – Dylan had no clue she was being stalked by adoring lesbians.
- 6:18 – Dylan remembers the first time she really talked to Dawn. Kind of. Was it gay pride or was it at Phase 1, the oldest lesbian bar?
- 7:21 – Of course, strippers are part of the story.
- 8:23 – Lesbian drama. Never a shortage.
- 8:59 – We started throwing around the idea of a sex podcast.
- 9:21 – Dylan gets worked up over some bad sex advice on a different podcast and thought, we could do so much better.
- 10:05 – I like to talk about sex. You like to talk about sex. We like to talk about sex. We like to have sex. So much sex.
- 10:40 – Let’s fuckin’ do this! PODCAST. Boom.
- 10:57 – Dylan reads from her gratitude jar.
- 11:22 – DYLAN! Jesus. Dawn is trying to give you a compliment and you do that?!?!?! So gross.
- 12:20 – Another round of cheers to Dawn being a stalker.
- 13:13 – Dylan reminisces about being a bartender and DJ and how often she’d get laid. Such a player.
- 13:20 – Dawn whispers, “How are we not surprised, listeners?”
- 13:54 – Dylan talks about the incestuous small world that is the DC lesbian scene.
- 14:58 – You think that’s tail? Oh no, people. Dylan educates us on all the play she’d get.